Date Added: 04 January 2018
In the three-litre wine brandy bottle you can see a scene with two ships: the paddle steamer DIE WESER from 1816 together with the motor ship FRIEDRICH from 1880, both passing the lighthouse MOLE SOUTH of 1926 placed to Bremen's overseas port on a scale of 1:200. FRIEDRICH came in four, the DIE WESER in three separate parts in the bottle, masts and chimneys followed separately. When designing the passengers of DIE WESER, most of the figurines purchased had to be "modified" with glue so that they could travel in the fashion of the 1820s. The "Bremer Mäuseturm" (Bremen’s mouse tower), as the small lighthouse is also called, stands on a long mole. Following the example of the German-bottle artist Carl Wörner, who worked in the States around 1900 and often produced "find the hidden man"-whimsey with saloon or shop scenes, a small "search game" was created, in which a couple of lovers hid in the bushes visible only from the back of the bottle.