Date Added: 08 December 2018
This is a beautiful diorama of the "Dar Pomorza" (Gift of Pomerania), and the brigantine ship "Wilhelm Pieck." The Dar Pomorza (Gift of Pomerania) is a Polish full-rigged sailing ship built in 1909 and is now preserved in Gdynia as a museum ship. It has the masts and 27 sails flying. The hull is white and has many portholes. The deck has wonderful details and features two large cabins, four life boats, lights, and more. The Wilhelm Pieck is a brigantine, owned by the town Greifswald in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. It was built in 1951 at Warnowwerft, Warnemünde/Rostock with a steel hull. It was launched May 26, 1951 and commissioned August 2, 1951. It was the first steel vessel built after the war at the port, and was christened Wilhelm Pieck. This ship has two masts and 12 sails. There are many deck features including cabins, two life boats, funnels, bow and stern railings and more. The ships are sailing from a landmass toward the end of the bottle. There is a large light house on the island. Behind the island and inside the bottle is a label with the name of the builder "R.(Rudi) Ehlert." Rudi was a Capitan of sea. Later in life he went blind and died in 2002. The bottle is sealed with a cork and sits on a beautiful custom stand with a plaque that reads: Dreimast - Vollschiff (Fregatte) "Dar Pomorza" Schoonerbrigg (Brigantine) "Wilhelm Pieck" Segelschulschiffe VR Polen - DDR. Translated: Three-mast ship (frigate) "Dar Pomorza" Schoonerbrigg (Brigantine) "Wilhelm Pieck" sailing training ships VR Poland - GDR.
|Type:||Frigate and Brigantine in a Bottle||Maker's Name:||Ehlert, Rudi|
|Category:||Sailing Ships||Made Where:||Prerow, Germany|
|Bottle Size:||19" x 4 1/2"||Year Made:||1980's|
|Bottle Type:||3 liter|