Pamir - Bottle #113
Date Added: 01 October 2005
The Pamir anchored in front of a village. The ship has 4 masts and is nicely rigged. There is a German flag from the tallest mast. There are 4 red/white life rafts on the deck. The village rises above the sea and has castle, church, light house, 11 buildings and numerous scrubs. The background of the bottle is painted blue with clouds. There are 3 formed mountains with snowcaps. The bottle is sealed with a cork and a light mounted in the cork to illuminate the inside of the bottle. The bottle rests on a stand with the word "Pamir" and painted anchors on each end. Pamir was a four-masted steel barque built in 1905 by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, as Yard No. 180. Her dimensions were: 96,34×14,04×7,99 meters [316'0×46'0×26'2] and tonnage: 3020 GRT and 2777 NRT.
|Type:||4 Mast Steel Barque||Maker's Name:|
|Category:||Sailing Ships||Made Where:||Germany|
|Bottle Size:||20" x 4 1/2"||Made When:||1970|
|Bottle Type:||3 liter unidentified|